Friday, October 3, 2008

Firehouse #12 -- October 3, 2008

Station 14 is on 26th Avenue between Geary and Anza. This structure, built in the 1970s, iir, replaced a pre-1906 firehouse. I remember visiting that firehouse for a school field trip. The Vice Presidential debate was polite. People were surprised to see Governor Palin avoid crashing and burning. Senator Biden spoke clearly and to the point. Governor kept winking and exagerrating her accent. My wife said she couldn't stand four years of that voice. My daughter moaned every time she said "new-kew-lure". My mother likes her smile. I wish she wouldn't use the baby as a stage prop. I was worried when she didn't seem to understand the question about Dick Cheney and vice presidential power. She tap danced around most of the questions.
Wells Fargo has made an offer for Wachovia. Citibank is complaining that they had a deal first. But Wells Fargo offerred to buy the whole company, debts and all, with no government bailout. I hope Wachovia goes for the Wells Fargo offer.

No comments: