Friday, February 11, 2011

Signs of the Times #36 - February 11, 2011

I went for a walk down Third Street on Wednesday and found these signs on every block I found the ice cream cone interesting, and the way "yourself" is broken into two words.

President Mubarak finally quit. I hope things go well in Egypt. People are very happy.

I was sad to hear that Cal has decided to eliminate men's baseball. Bad choice.

When I got off the BART train at Montgomery Street this morning, Muni was making a loud announcement that outbound traffic was stopped at Castro Station. On the way home, I got in the car and the announcer on the radio was saying that Castro Station had just reopened after a derailment in the morning.

Tomorrow and Sunday there is going to be a San Francisco History Expo at the Old Mint, Fifth and Mission, from 11am to 4pm. I hope to get there Saturday. Many local history organizations will set up mini museums and there will be a 1929 Mack hook and ladder truck parked out front.

No comments: