Wednesday, May 1, 2013

May Day #3 -- May 1, 2013


I was happy to see that police in Bangladesh have caught up with the owner of the building in Dhaka that collapsed and killed over 300 garment workers, perhaps 400.  He was trying to escape to India.  I hope he gets a fair trial and then gets the punishment that he deserves.

I wonder if the owners of the fertilizer plant that blew up and killed at least 14 and injured 200 will ever be punished.  I wonder if Governor Rick Perry who likes to boast that the lack of regulations in Texas is good for everyone will ever by punished by the voters.  I wonder if the officials who allowed a nursing home to be built near a fertilizer plant will ever be punished. 

Lack of protections for workers is good for no one. 

The cartoon is by Jack Ohman and was published by the Sacramento Bee on 25-April 2013.  Governor Perry did not understand it. 

No comments: